Fire Safety Training
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO) requires occupiers of premises to appoint a responsible person and to regularly assess the measures in the form of detailed fire risk assessments. Company Owners, Directors and Managing Agents could face substantial fines (up to £400,000) and in more severe cases even imprisonment for non-compliance. You are also at risk of invalidating your insurance cover in the event of an incident.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states fire safety training is a legal requirement for staff members. The fire safety training we provide is within the scope of the management of your business and is expertly delivered, with bespoke programmes to suit your preferred time and date.
But don't panic, Ian Copstick of IMC Fire Consultancy can help your company get up to speed quickly by utilising our professional fire safety services. Implementing a fire risk assessment and providing your staff with fire safety training. This will ensure that your company is operating within the guidelines of the Order 2005 (RRO). Contact us for advice on which of our fire safety services you may require.
IMC Fire Consultancy provides a range of fire safety courses, including: -
• Fire Warden Training
• Fire Marshal Training
• Basic Fire awareness
• Fire Extinguisher training
• Both initial and refresher training can be provided to suit your need
Staff should be suitably trained in general fire awareness and where applicable how to safely select and use a fire extinguisher.
Training Course Content
Our fire safety training covers many areas, in particular: -
• The Fire Action Plan
• The elements of combustion and a basic understanding on the theory of fire.
• The chemistry of fire
• Evacuation plans
• Evacuation drills
• Discovering a fire
• Hazard spotting in the work place
• Use of fire extinguishers
• Relevant Fire Prevention Association - DVDs
• Raise the general fire safety awareness within your business
• Ensure you meet the current fire safety law
• Employees on discovering a fire will be able to take immediate and safe action
• How to select and safely use a fire extinguisher
Course duration approx 2- 2.5 hours
Who should attend –All employees
A certificate of attendance is provided for all those attending for inclusion in your Fire Log Book.